Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Birth Week!

This kind of rambles...feel free to skip or skim read!
Yes, I have a whole week dedicated to my birth. I highly suggest it...it is much more fun. Last monday on the 29th I officially turned 25! As my dad put it, I am a quarter of a century old. Everyone always asks me if I liked having a birthday right after Christmas. Well, I have never known any different so I don't know if another way is better but I have never minded. My mom was always very good about keeping them separate. She never gave me an extra present at Christmas and counted that. I always got my presents on my birthday in birthday wrapping paper, not Christmas! I always kind of liked it because I got just as much as everyone else for Christmas and then more. So I thought I was pretty cool. Plus, after Christmas there is always so many sales I could go shopping and get a lot. And lastly I was brought home from the hospital in a christmas stocking! I have a picture and it is super cute. The only thing I can think of that I hated was not going to school on my birthday so my friends could decorate my locker and have parties in class and stuff. I am over that now!
I believe I had a total of 5 events last week for my birthday. I have some awesome family and friends who kept wanting to take me out...and I was happy to oblige them. I was definitely surprised by how many people cared enough to call or make plans with me or something for my birthday. I received calls from people I have known all my life but live far away and from newer friends who wanted to take me to lunch or dinner. I also received an IPod from my familia which I played with all day on New Years and put on a total of 825 songs. I don't leave home without it.
I think birthdays are very special and I want my children to feel the same way. That for one day out of the year the world revolves around them and they are important and can do anything.
I have never minded growing older and this year was no different. Can't wait to party again next year!

4 comments:

Katie Huff said...

Hey Lola! I was more than happy to be there, celebrating you on your day!!! It was great! But that's not the only day that you're important! You're important every single second!!! :-) I'm glad that you had a good birthday week! Those are the best. I love you!!!

:) said...

Happy (late) Birthday! I miss seeing you all at church. Sniff. Happy New Year!

bretandjulie said...

I'll have to work on Steve a little so you can have more than just one day a year that the world revolves around you. And a quarter of a century makes it sound worse than it is.

kimber said...

Happy late birthday! I'm glad you had a fun week. It's good that you can have such a good attitude about it being so close to Christmas. I hope Tyler can have the same attitude about her birthday on Valentines Day.