Friday, October 3, 2008

Bubba the Kitten!



If you know me at all....you know I am not a big animal person. I think they are cute and fun but way too much for me to take care of. So on monday I kept hearing this little meow all day coming from my back yard. After about 8 hours of it meowing I finally go outside to see where it is coming from. Behind one of our plants is this little tiny kitten. He is crouched down in the only piece of shade he could find and just panting. I felt so bad for him but I didn't want a kitten. I called Steve and my MIL (who is a big animal lover) and they told me to go to the pet store and get it some formula. I am definately not an animal person but I didn't want it to die. I would have felt really bad! So I put it in a box and loaded Ella up and we went to the pet store. We got some formula and a little bottle that it eats from. It was pretty clean for a stray and about 14 days old. On Tuesday, I have to go to work so my MIL normally watches Ella and offered to watch Bubba (that is what I named it). Having this kitten is like having another baby. He has to be fed every couple of hours and I have Ella who is saying she is hungry and this kitten meowing at me that he is hungry. I started losing my mind. So when I get to my MIL's I tell her I have to take it to a shelter. I am stressing out and don't know how to take care of this little thing. Ella is trying to step on it or suffocate it most of the time. My MIL wants it! but my FIL has told her no more pets. But that is up to them. I have offered to find a place for the kitty but she is having way too much fun with the little guy and doesn't want him to go. So that is our random adventure this week!

1 comment:

Jami said...

Awe, Bubba is so cute! And I don't get it. Bottle feeding a baby kitten every couple of hours along with taking care of a toddler who has needs and demands as well, that will literally love it to death if you don't babysit it 24/7 sounds like a nice relaxing day at home... It's just a matter of life or death for the little guy. What stress? HA HA. :0)