Monday, October 20, 2008

Another Week...with a wannabe 2 yr. old!




So first off I have to tell a (funny now, but not then) story! Ella has progressed farther into this stage of throwing fits, not listening and all around being a stinker! This last week it definitely hit a new level. On friday I spent all morning with her giving her lots of attention and then she had her nap. After her nap we went and got the mail. The minute I started doing something and wasn't giving her attention she starts whining and complaining. So I ignore her and when I look up the trash is all over the kitchen floor...then I start looking for her and find her in my bathroom standing in the toilet fully clothed! She is soaking wet and when I look at her she tells me she is "going potty!" I just about died. If I wouldn't have been so mad I would have gotten a picture. Dang it!
Steve was really busy this week and was working a lot so Ella and I went to a pumpkin patch (Thanks Kimber!) with some friends and there was a petting zoo and stuff. Lots of fun but it was soooo hot that day. You can see in the pictures that Ella is a little glazed over and has pink cheeks and is attached to her paci. But we got a pretty cool pumpkin!
We also had family pictures on Saturday and I can't wait to see them and post some! I was really excited about our outfits and stressed for like 2 weeks on what to wear. But I think they will be great! It was quite the process with it being so hot and getting Ella to sit still. There was our week. I think this week will be a little calmer.

P.S. There have been some comments about the lack of pictures of my husband! 1. He hates having his picture taken 2. I am always taking pictures so we never get any of us together! 3. My husband is so supremely hot! (just ask the girls in our ward) I really don't want anyone to feel bad 4. I am majorly anti-cheese and a very personal person. Anything public makes me very uncomfortable. Just know I love him very much and I will try and incorporate him more.

5 comments:

Jami said...

Oh, the toilet. I feel for you, Laura! Why must kids find it so fascinating?! If only they understood how gross it is! No bueno, Ella! ;0)

And we had similar activities this weekend. We did the pumpkin seasonal thing and sweated to death right along with you. Definitely worth the experience and pictures though... After you get home and you're not hot anymore. HA. :0)

Valjean said...

I am so laughing about the toilet story. Even if you don't have a picture--you could always recreate it (just kidding). Ella is growing up and looks so cute. Love you!

kimber said...

That is definently a funny now not then story. Don't you hate that when your so mad you don't even think to capture the crazy moment with a picture (dangit).
I'm glad you had fun at the pumpkin patch.

The Sabeys said...

Come what may and love it! I am glad you are able to laugh now :) She is so cute!

asubirdie said...

Just wait till the three's kick in;) I would take the two's any day! Now that I'm back... anxious to get crackin on the pics:) Love ya!